This week has been quite wonderful! As you all are probably aware, my very first national commercial began to air this past Monday. I was working all day and hadn't caught the commercial in the morning before I went to work so I was eager to get home and watch it! When I got home, I not only had that to look forward to, but also came home to find my cheque for the Luxury Mattress Infomercial waiting for me! It's not a bad day when I get paid for one commercial on the same day another one airs!
My experience of first seeing myself in the commercial was definitely surreal and as you may imagine, I picked it apart and absolutely hated everything about me in it the first time around. My head looked shrunken on my shoulders; my voice didn't sound like my own, etc., etc. I was not surprised by this reaction; its not every day my face pops up on t.v! However, I enjoyed the commercial more and more each time I saw it!
What was most special to me about that day, however, were all the phone calls, texts, emails and facebook messages I got from all my family and friends who were so excited to have seen it. To know that there were so many people in their living rooms anxiously awaiting to see me in a commercial made me feel more grateful than I can express. In that moment, I felt lifted and completely supported and that is a truly special and wonderful thing!
So, to you I say thank you for your excitement, for your eagerness, for your constant encouragement...thank you!
1 comment:
Well that's so WONDERFUL!!! Many congrats to you!!!
JaBru
Post a Comment