THE DREAM, JOURNEY, & INSPIRATIONS.

AN ACTOR'S BLOG

Monday, March 28, 2011

A Shout Out

Even though, no one in my Voice class is a reader of this blog, I couldn't resist giving them a shout out after what I witnessed in today's class.  It's not easy to venture into the depths of your emotion and then choose to wade through it in front of strangers.  Of course, it is made a tad easier by the fact that those strangers are like-minded individuals that are going through the same process and want nothing more than to support one another.  Which is always great.

As my teacher said, it is such an honour to witness people come alive; to connect to their inner life and to own their space in the world and claim it proudly!  Well, it's not exactly what she said, but its where I sit with it right now.  It's funny because though I have always been respectful of the journey the other people in class are on I have really only focused on my own.  Today ,watching the journey of a few of my classmates unfold before me, it made me so proud to be on this collective journey to be more present in the world and well, like I said, I wanted to give them a shout out for their brave work today.  It only inspires me to be braver in my own work and reminds me that perhaps I'm not so alone when I feel like I just might be down in the depths of my own emotion.

Thank you!

No comments: