I started this year off with much anticipation of what was in store for me. I felt inspired to harness that rekindling anew and forge ahead with my new(ish) career as a working (aka auditioning) actor! It's amazing how one full week back at work at my full time job, however, has the power to dim my spirits some.
I've been booking more regular auditions which is great, however, it means leaving work in the middle of the day and then making up the hours I've missed. This is on top of the hours I'm making up for having my one day off a week to attend class, and to use as a general business day towards my acting career (something that this full time job has allowed, which I am soo greatful for!). This can sometimes mean, as will be case tomorrow, that I will have to be at work by 7am and stay till 7pm, because I had to leave work early for an audition yesterday and will have to dash away from the office tomorrow for 2 hours or more to go to another one. The amount of auditions is great but I'm finding that I have to be really careful not to feel burdened by how an audition effects my schedule, causing me to have to stay at the office later or come in earlier...or both.
And, yes, of course, I will deal. Trying to fit auditions in to my schedule is a good "burden" to have. I'm noticing, however, how I can sometimes turn this positive "problem" into something negative, like feeling burdened by going to an audition because it means I have to work later, etc. It's this type of negative thinking that I know I have let take hold of me in the past; and is probably not so attractive on me once I get to the audition ..." Yes, hi, please hire me...just do it quickly please!"
So, I just have to be extra careful this time around to be thankful that I have this so called "problem." and rejoice in the fact that I am capable of sorting it out. When I first started the rekindling, there was a huge awareness of how this had to happen now...while I had a window in my life where I have a schedule that allows for flexibility. Now, I myself have to practice being as flexible as my schedule allows.
Oh, and speaking of auditions, yesterday's was pretty funny! Nothing like being surrounded by model types to get your confidence up in time for an audition. It was an audition for a print ad and well, it was just humorous...let's just leave it at that! Well, with that said, I'm off to the gym! Lol...
No comments:
Post a Comment