As some of you may recall, I issued myself a challenge in March and about 2 weeks later I updated you on that challenge which at that point was going along nicely. Well, during the course of the challenge which ended the day before my last voice class a few weeks ago, I found I stuck to practicing during the week but then it seemed to fall apart on the weekends...mostly because I would almost completely forget about it until it was time for sleep...whether I liked it or not. In all honesty, though I intended to improve on this, I was okay with it because it was all still so new!
Well, regretfully, now that I am no longer in my voice class, my voice practices have kinda fallen to the wayside. And, by kinda, I mean they have. I definitely still do them on the one day a week I have my acting class, cause, well, it would be kinda silly to not do it on that day at least. However, I am not impressed that the reason I've stopped practising as often is that just as in weekends past, I have completely forgotten about it until too late...if at all! I have forgiven myself for this, determined to just start up again as of today. My fear, however, is that I will just forget again and eventaully stop completely.
I am trying to come up with a way to help me remember. Something to inspire me to do it every day. So far, I've come up with the idea of creating a pretty sign that says...Practice!...huh? clever, right? What do you guys do to help keep you inspired to do that daily task you have to do, in a way that doesn't make you feel bad but instead inspires you to remember the benefits of the reason you are doing the task in the first place?
I would love to hear your thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment